Collaboration between the PM² Alliance and APOGEP (IPMA Portugal)
PM² Alliance and APOGEP spread the benefits of the PM² methodology in Portugal and Portuguese Speaking Countries.
PM² Alliance and APOGEP (IPMA-Portugal) have agreed to engage in institutional cooperation on matters of mutual interest and concern, specifically focusing on cooperation in the field of Professional Project Management.
The two organizations have signed an agreement with the aim sharing knowledge in areas of common interest, for the mutual benefit of their organisations, members, students, faculty and society in general.
The results of this cooperation will benefit greatly our project management communities by exposing them to each other’s best practices, events, publications, as well as to commonly developed project management knowledge and assets.
“The collaboration between PM² Alliance and APOGEP makes perfect sense, given the complementarity of the approaches to project management, allowing to combine the methodological perspective of PM² and the focus on competences of IPMA. This will most certainly contribute to the progress of professional project management in Portugal."
José Luis Ferreira, PM² Alliance Regional Coordinator for Portugal.
Helping European Project Managers - one project at a time!
Project management doesn’t need to be complicated, sophisticated or require large upfront investments. When PM methodology meets PM competences powerful synergies are unleashed that bring the attention back to what is really useful about project management.
We believe that the future of project management depends on associations like ours working together to establish the European PM² Methodology as a methodology for all.
We agree that a strong project orientation is the key for organisations and society to deal with the many challenges of our times, and we will work together to establish this perspective at a National, European and International level.
APOGEP and PM² Alliance are actively collaborating in the following areas:
- Promotion of their Member Associations at EU and International levels.
- Collaboration in joint promotions of each other’s initiatives through websites and social media, publications, conferences, events and incentive programmes.
- Development of joint project proposals/projects, benefitting from each other’s networks, expertise and experience.
- Establishing joint promotional activities in the furtherance of missions.
- Coordination the participation in joint and individual projects as may be developed from time to time.
- Publication of the results of joint projects via appropriate communication channels.
- Organization of joint seminars, conferences and other professional meetings.
- Work together in project management professional development (training and education, certification, consulting, coaching etc.)
- Certification of professionals in project management.
- Providing adequate support to special groups (young, women, minorities etc.)
- Raising awareness for the use of PM² in EU funded projects.
"PM² is a clear, practical and strongly adaptable methodology. The provided templates allow a short learning period, ensuring high levels of proficiency, even by the less experienced elements of the team. This is the methodology adopted by the European Commission, and of free use, so it will certainly become the common language for project management within the European space".
Pedro Engrácia, President of APOGEP
APOGEP – www.apogep.pt The Portuguese Association for Project Management, is an independent non-for-profit, non-governmental, professional association for Project Management, operating in Portugal and with activities in other countries where Portuguese is an official language. The Association was created in 1994 and is linked from the beginning to the IPMA (International Project Management Association). APOGEP responds to the growing needs of companies and managers for an institution that supports them in acquiring new skills in modern management and in certifying professionals in project management.
PM² Alliance – www.pm2alliance.eu is an international, not-for-profit organisation with a broad membership across the Member States of the EU. Founded by PM² practitioners, the Alliance brings together individuals from institutions, companies and academia to inspire dialogue, share resources, and address the field’s challenges while promoting the wider adoption of the PM² Methodology. As the world’s only society of its kind, the Alliance strengthens the community’s collective voice through strong leadership, promotion of the highest standards, and recognition of professional excellence.