Bryan Barrow – Facilitated Planning Workshops: making collaborative planning easier
Each year millions of organisations around the world waste trillions on projects that fail to deliver. Despite the enormous investment over the years in project management skills, tools and frameworks, the proportion of projects that are delivered late, over budget or both, is about as high now as it was 20 years ago.
I believe a key reason isn’t the skills, the tools or the frameworks. It’s poor planning.
From my 20 years experience as a project management consultant, as well as what I learned facilitating project kick-off workshops for the past 8 years using my own proprietary approach to planning projects I show audiences how facilitated planning workshops help to make collaborative planning easier, so that you can:
- Create a clear and common project vision that is essential for effective planning
- Develop an integrated milestone plan in under an hour
- Build a detailed project plan, complete with key project artefacts and interdependencies in around two hours
- Identify key risks, dependencies and constraints and create a realistic timeline and budget
- Give teams the confidence to go on to deliver the project successfully
I’m a project management consultant and the author of ‘The Project Planning Workshop Handbook‘.