Collaboration between the PM² Alliance and APGP
The Asociación de Profesionales de la Gestión de Proyectos (APGP) and PM² ALLIANCE team up!
The PM² Alliance and the Association of Project Management Professionals (APGP) team up to promote higher standards of project management in Europe.
The two non-profit associations have signed an MoU with the aim of sharing expertise and fostering closer relations among their members and stakeholders, both in Spain and in Europe.
“Our organizations share common interests and we recognise the value of sharing knowledge and experience for the mutual benefit of our members and of society at large.” – APGP Board of Directors
Over the last 8 years APGP has built a strong reputation as an independent reference in Spain and La Rioja Region in the promotion of the professionalization of Project Management practice and the exchange of knowledge and best practices in this field. Its associates and members are recognised professionals in a wide diversity of sectors, ranging from civil engineering to ICT and public administration.
APGP has carried out numerous projects, research studies and dissemination events aiming at developing and fostering a culture of quality and excellence in Project Management. Members of the APGP are currently also involved in the translation project of the PM² Methodology in Spanish.
“The MoU signed between APGP and the PM² Alliance is the logical step to formalise an already ongoing collaboration between our two institutions. Our collaboration started many months ago and that will contribute to improving the position of APGP as a reference in Project Management in Spain and Europe” (Sara Madariaga - APGP President).
APGP and the PM² Alliance have agreed to collaborate in the following areas:
- The development, integration, promotion, fostering, and improvement of Project management.
- To jointly create fora for the free exchange of knowledge on Project Management.
- Define and disseminate the fundamentals of Project Management to all stakeholders (private sector, SME, public administration, universities, etc.)
- Promote and increase the value-added of the applied knowledge and professional practice in Project management as an incentive for innovation and progress.
- Develop and foster a culture of quality and excellence in Project Management.
“It is important that like-minded not-for-profit organizations like ours join forces to reach a wider audience interested in Project Management. Together we can bring more value to our members and to society at large and contribute to Project Management excellence in Europe" (Nicos Kourounakis - PM² Alliance President).
Europe's Regions connecting through PM²
The intention is for the two organisations to engage in professional cooperation on matters of mutual interest and concern at the regional and European levels:
- Exchange of organisational memberships
- Joined training programmes
- Research and development of professional standards and methodologies
- Organising of various events (workshops, conferences, meetings etc.)
- Joined advocacy and promotional activities, and
- Include news and/or articles, where relevant, in each other’s online channels (websites, blogs, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Participate, where possible, in events organised by one of the organisations.
APGP – www.apgp.es is an independent non-profit association based in La Rioja, Spain, that gathers professional Project Managers, certified in all internationally recognised Project Management standards that provides a forum for the exchange of best practices, training and professional development focusing on the pivotal role of Project Management in Small and Medium Enterprises, public administration and non-profit organisations.
PM² Alliance – www.pm2alliance.eu is an international, not-for-profit organisation with a broad membership across the Member States of the EU. Founded by PM² practitioners, the Alliance brings together individuals from institutions, companies and academia to inspire dialogue, share resources, and address the field’s challenges while promoting the wider adoption of the PM² Methodology. As the world’s only society of its kind, the Alliance strengthens the community’s collective voice through strong leadership, promotion of the highest standards, and recognition of professional excellence.